On Thursday, December 15th at 6pm we’re going to have a potluck Christmas dinner to welcome new friends to our community and to our city.
The meal will be at MacNab Presbyterian Church, 116 MacNab St S at 6pm.
We have been so blessed to have so many new people join our congregation, including many new to Hamilton. From refugee's and new arrivals to friends moving from other Canadian cities, we want to gather together around the table to celebrate their first Christmas in Hamilton!
Let’s share some favourite holiday dishes, tell some stories about our traditions, sing carols in many languages, play some games and get to know each other better!
We’ll host friends from Micah House and if you have a friend who is new to Hamilton or Canada, feel free to invite them as well!
This potluck is not SUPER public (meaning please don't share it on social media or just invite a random friend), but if you have a friend new to Hamilton, or you are interested in making cross-cultural friendships, you and they are welcome!
**Ways to get involved**:
- Bring some delicious food to the potluck! (please bring a list of ingredients for dietary restriction and allergy info) Sign up on the sheet at church or contact me directly - no pork!
- Bring a friend who is new to Hamilton
- Come to MacNab at 4pm to help with setting up and decorating on December 15th
- We want to make treat bags for the kids: if you want to help out click here to email and let us know.
- Are you on the sound team? We’ll need a couple sound people to set up some mics for carol singing and story sharing
Let's make this a memorable and wonderful Christmas dinner - can’t wait to share a meal and celebrate with you all!